Peter Tærø Nielsen
Founder of the firm, Of Counsel
Specialist practice areas:
- Arbitration (as arbitrator)
- International Arbitration
- Real estate / Construction Law
- International Legal Relations (worked with companies, contracts and projects in app. 40 countries worldwide)
Peter Tærø Nielsen is the founder (1990) and senior partner of the firm. Resident in Poland. Till 2010 he was the managing partner of the firm.
He is a law graduate from the University of Århus, Denmark in 1980, a specialist graduate from the University of Oslo, Norway, in 1979. Admitted into the Danish Bar in 1983 and in 2004 to the Polish Chamber of Legal Advisers - Regional Chamber of Legal Advisers in Warsaw as a foreign lawyer.
Peter established the law firm of Tærø Nielsen & Hulgaard Advokater (Kolding and Århus, Denmark) together with Øjvind Hulgaard in 1995. Now the law firm's name is Hulgaard Advokater P/S.
Honorary Consul of Poland in the years 2005-2009.
Chairman of Scandinavian - Polish Chamber of Commerce 2008-2011.
Peter is experienced in the transfer of businesses and succession planning, especially in respect of financing and raising capital and issues relating to the stock exchange.
He has also been involved in alternative dispute resolution and partnering programs and as one of the first in Denmark, he has developed partnering programs for the Danish building and construction sector. He is certified arbitrator and certified mediator.
Moreover, for more than 10 years Peter has been an external lecturer in international contract law at the University of Southern Denmark.
He also gives lectures to numerous organizations about aspects of Polish and Scandinavian legal and business conditions.
- Danish Bar and Law Society
- Polish Chamber of Legal Advisers (KIRP)
- Danish Society for Construction Law
- Scandinavian Polish Chamber of Commerce (member of honor)
- MCIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators)
- Danish Association of Arbitration
- Danish Association of Mediation/Dispute Resolution
- Baden Powell Fellowship
- Danish Association for Management Group 88 (VL Gruppe 88, Warszawa)
Board member in:
- Member of board of trustees in International Commercial Court for Mediation, Concilliation and Arbitration, Tallinn Estonia
- Danish Business Forum, Warszawa
- Peter Nielsen Partners International A/S
- Coille Righ Forest Estates Limited
- Polish-Danish Chamber of Commerce (Copenhagen, Denmark)
Listed arbitrator in:
- ICCMCA, Tallinn, Estonia
- VCCA, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Lewiatan Court of Arbitration, Warszawa, Poland
- SAKiG, Warszawa, Poland
- Economic Arbitration Court, Poznan, Poland
- Economic Arbitration Court, Szczecin, Poland
- DIAC, Dubai International Arbitration Centre, United Arab Emirates
- Dariusz Obrępalski
- Iga Fischer
- Robert Kamionowski
- Mirosław Bik
- Paweł Tomasik
- Paweł Nowak
- Lech Gniady, PhD
- Mirosław Stefanik
- Dorota Dąbrowska-Kobus
- Aleksander Kowalski
- Marta Nowak
- Weronika Turek
- Mateusz Dyśko
- Monika Pięcek
- Justyna Kosecka
- Małgorzata Hansen
- Bogumiła Miłko
- Małgorzata Szeląg-Mizikowska
- Katarzyna Jasińska
- Małgorzata Krzewicka
- Angelina Teda
- Paulina Ślaska
- Maciej Miernik